WHAT CAN MY BABY COMPASS DO FOR PROFESSIONALS?
This program is appropriate for pediatricians, family practitioners, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, audiologists, ear-nose-throat specialists, nurses, child care educators, teachers, nannies, and any health care provider or parent that works with children from birth to seven.
If you are able to answer YES to any of the following statements, My Baby Compass may be the answer. This program will enhance your identification or the intervention of possible developmental delays.
- Have a limited time to screen children in the areas of communication skills, cognitive skills, physical skills, social-emotional skills
- Am unsure of the normal developmental process
- Have difficulty explaining in laymen terms that a child needs a referral
- Need age-appropriate toys, music selections, recommended books, websites and word lists for stimulating activities
- Want an easy way to refer parents to appropriate ideas that they can do with their children in the home environment
- Use research referenced material to enhance the interaction with parents and their children
This program will provide:
- Developmental scales in expressive, receptive, cognitive, physical and social/emotional from birth to seven as a screening tool for physician offices, day cares, preschools, child development centers, hospitals, early childhood education centers and for all other caregivers
- Parent training to increase developmental skills which is easy to follow and use to enhance the carry-over of therapy goals
- Color-coded symbols for over 700 skills in the areas of speech, hearing, vision, physical, cognitive and social/emotional
- Sign language, vocabulary lists, rhymes, finger plays, songs, phonological picture pairs, recommended books for articulation & language, age-appropriate toys and activities, websites and more resources
- Information related to behavior, learning styles and early literacy
- Explanation of the process of evaluations and early intervention for parents